Wednesday, January 30, 2013

MattMobile Update - With Video

Maybe it's just a burst of January enthusiasm. I hope not, but there's been some progress lately on the MattMobile.

Today I spent a couple hours back on the sanding train, and the results are great. While it's not entirely obvious in these pictures that there's been a lot of progress made on the front end, I promise you there has.

Here's a better shot of the front intake. As I've stated in previous blog posts, EVERY SQUARE INCH of the shell will need attention of some sort. The front intake is no different. Lots of clean up work around the rim, lots of straightening out, filling in of gaps and holes. Stuff like that.

A particularly nasty customer was the seam line that ran around the front intake and across the fenders. Getting into this little crease right here in between those two has been a pain in the butt, but I'm at a point where it's ready for another blast of putty. The overall contours are looking solid.

Back to my old friend, the passenger side fender. Lots of work done on this already, and still a ways to go.

Still really nice to be back out in the garage, despite the fact that my right foot is in a cast right now. Well, it's an orthopeadic boot, but you know what I mean. The weather has been beautiful today, which is great for late January. Mid sixties, by my estimations.

Lastly, I made another episode of Rise of The Mattmobile just the other day, when Bo The Welder came over to help block out the shell. I am absolutely thrilled with the progress we made, as it really made the car seem "real" to me, seeing the shell in it's proper position. I previously had a series of worries about how it was going to fit together, and I just couldn't wrap my mind around how it was going to work. But with Bo at the helm, that step all came together really nicely.

Big thanks to Fon Davis of Fonco Creative Services for his introduction. Fon is an ACTUAL Hollywood professional, and does amazing work. I'm thrilled to have him appear in an episode. Please check out FonCo's website and facebook page:

Website: http://foncocreative.net/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/foncocreative

No comments: