Saturday, October 27, 2012

Putty In The Buff

Though it is unclear at this time how many puns I can get out of the "buff" primer I am using, I'm hoping for at least one more.

Yesterday was pretty productive, if not a long day. I did my first pass of putty over the primer, isolating places that were most critically in need of help. This included holes, deep scratches, and a bit of sculpting in missing details.

Here's some work I was doing on the back fin.

This is one of the more severely troubled spots, as the lip around that intake is a big mess. Lots of clean up and sculpting to do here.

Here's a bit of a broader shot.

The next step of course is sanding all that putty down. Oh joy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow
Looking good Matt nice to see someone making progress. And it looks like all your hard work is paying off...SMOOOOTH...

Any tips when playing with the fillers or the paints?

Do you remember when your garage used to be clean?
Adam.....