Friday, August 12, 2011

The Roof Has Been Removed

I wanted to get rid of the roof today. I attacked it with my Ryobi cordless reciprocating saw, but by the time I got to the last cut, it just couldn't do it. I don't know what happened, but it kept stalling out. Like it was running out of power. The battery was fully charged though. Maybe the way the metal was hanging, it was pinching the blade. I'm not sure.

Well, I'm not one to wait around, so I went out and purchased another saw. This time, I went for a middle tier saw that plugged in. Here's a pic:



And HOLY COW did it make all the difference. It tore right through the rest of the roof, and then a couple support struts. All in seconds. I will have to video tape this thing cutting, as it is night and day compared to the kiddie version Ryobi tool. Lesson learned.



In other news, I've been doing little home improvement projects from time to time. Today, I put up this neat little rack system thingie to hold my bike off the garage floor. Works like a charm.

No comments: