Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reciprocating Saw Is Here!

I recently picked up a few more tools, as I now have reason to. I got a reciprocating saw, some blades, and a wire brush drill bit for removing rust.




I am getting to a point in the tear down where it's all spot welds. There's not much left to unbolt, so I'm going to have to start cutting. To experiment, I thought I would cut off part of this support strut.



LITERALLY five minutes later, and I was done. Check it out.



Here's the amputated part.



I'm very excited about the new saw! The fact that it's wireless, and uses the same battery that my wireless drill uses is a bonus. It was only fifty bucks at Home Depot, and it works just great. Honestly, I don't know how much use I'll get out of it once I finish the car, so I didn't want to spend 200 bucks on a top of the line sawzall. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.

No comments: