Saturday, July 24, 2010

RMS Results.

I have been sitting on this for a while, but just never got around to posting about it.

This is the sample that I recieved from RMS Laser a couple of weeks ago.



The purpose of this test was to determine which "depth" of etching would best serve my needs. I guess the laser has different settings that result in different amounts of material being zapped out.

The bummer here is that there was a miscommunication. As you can see, the laser traced out the OUTLINES of the shapes in my drawing. What I wanted was for the laser to remove the INSIDES of the shapes. So as of today, I still dont' have a really good fell for how this process will turn out.

BUT, I do think I'm on the right track. I am currently looking for another laser cutter to tacklet his job for me. Looks like RMS has gotten a backlog of customers, and dont' have the opportunity to work on my awesomely cool (but small) orders :)

No comments: