Saturday, March 6, 2010

Slip Casting Latex In Transit

Yesterday I ordered up a gallon of latex from Monster Club. Here's the link directly to their latex page:

http://www.monsterclub.com/latex/slip-cast.html

As you know, one of the things I struggle with when it comes to latex is opacity. I have been searching for pigments that will help make it more solid. When I was on the phone with Monster Club placing my order, I inquired about any additives that would make their product more opaque. The guy on the phone informed me that for THEIR latex products, they are quite opaque. According to him, some of their competitors tend to cut the latex with ammonia so they can get more volume out of it, but thereby altering its properties.

So it may be the case that the latex from Monster Club behaves differently than the stuff I was using from Burman.

For tinting, he recommended a product called "Universal Tints". I will have to look into that.

No comments: