Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fabric Search For Briefs

My attention has finally turned to the briefs. Yes, not the most appealing part of the costume, and probably one of the lamest parts of the overall look that has managed to stand the test of time and a number of attempts to remove them. From the costume design, I mean. Not to say someone has tried to remove Superman's briefs.

You know what... nevermind.

Anyhow, I went online and did a little browsing around, and found this webisite:

https://spandexworld.com/

I ordered a yard of everything burgandy they had on their site, in the hopes that I will be able to find a "close 'nuff" match for my liking. I'm told that dying this type of fabric is an entirely different creature, one that I am not interested in tackling. My plan will be to find a decent match for the burgandy, then find someone online to actually sew the things up for me. While the idea of sewing the cape together is not intimidating, sewing stretch fabrics is just something I don't have the patience to learn right now. It's a skill that would probably come in handy eventually, but I fear that the learning curve would complicate the project to a point where I would be dissuaded.

No comments: