Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Post About Nothing

In finally keeping with the overall ethos of blogging, this post contains absolutely nothing of value. No new information, no pictures. No deep thoughts. Just me, telling the world stuff that they have no interest in hearing.

Ain't bloggin' great? I think it's marginally better than twitter, though the kids sure do seem into that. Not quite sure why it's so captivating, but then, I said the same thing about Facebook before I set up my page. STILL not sure why that is captivating, but it's slightly more captivating than it was to me before I signed up. Cuz now, it's all about me.

The post office must be building up quite a delivery for me. I think I've got four or five different fabrics coming my way, a couple gallons of latex, some urethane, and some pigments. They'll probably all show up at the same time, and I'll be overwhelmed, and therefore incapacitated. That's how it always goes.

Very excited about putting together a cape. I've actually sort of given up on getting an exact color match for the outer skin. I think I spent way too much time agonizing over it. The truth is that in general, people at costume parties and events don't carry around swatches of screen used costumes, waiting to compare them to fan made ones, and thereby shame them into leaving the event. So realistically, there won't be ANYONE to question the color accuracy of my efforts. With that notion firmly in mind, I'm just going to do my best to get a nice, deep red for the outer skin. If I don't get it abso-perfect, I will survive. I will also have myself a nice cape. Cost/benefit.

Anyhow, that's all I've got for this sunday night. I'm watching the new Street Fighter movie, which is really quite awful, but it's fun to see Bangkok, which is a place I haven't been in many years. Neat to see a few familiar sights, and it makes me want to get back there all the more. I also totally want to hit up Hong Kong. Not sure when I'll have the chance, but it's on my list.

No comments: